Sunday, February 3, 2008

Welcome to the Kristin Knits Knitalong.

Welcome to the Kristin Knits Knitalong. Here’s a place that I hope you will share the projects you are making from my new book Kristin Knits or projects from magazines with my designs in them (i.e. Vogue Knitting, Interweave Knits, Knitters).

We welcome one and all – young and old – experienced and inexperienced knitters. I would love to see what you have made. Show a project in progress or finished. Discuss your own ideas. I love to hear personal stories about who a piece of knitwear is being made for.

The projects need not be exactly the same as in the book. In fact, I love to see the changes knitters make to my designs – whether it be a change of color, shaping, edgings, or trims. Knitting is creativity and I hope my instructions are just a guide for you to develop your own particular style.

It is thanks to the many people who read my blog “Getting Stitched on the Farm” that this blog came about. My enthusiastic readers said – yes, start a Knitalong. Yes, start a Flickr pool. But if it hadn’t been for the extremely kind Helen of Chronic Knitting Syndrome, this blog never would have happened. Helen stepped up to the plate and designed this blog including all those amazing side bar buttons. Helen is going to administer the blog, Thank you so much Helen.

Now grab your needles and get knitting. I can’t wait to see what you create!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bought your book...I absolutely LOVE it. I wanted to do color knitting this year, and I will with the help of your book. It's just excellent!!!!! Thanks so much!